The project “Call It Hate: Raising Awareness of Anti-LGBT Hate Crime - CIH” - which lasted for 24 months (from January 2018 to December 2019) - aimed to raise awareness of anti-LGBT hate crime among the general public and within the LGBT communities, emphasize the need to report, and empower victims. Specific objectives of the project sought to:
- Measure awareness of anti-LGBT hate crime among the general public;
- Identify the most effective campaign and outreach strategies;
- Raise awareness of anti-LGBT hate crime among general public;
- Improve access to justice, empower victims of anti-LGBT hate crime and encourage them to report;
- Share good practices in raising awareness and outreach to victims;
- Strengthen cross-border and multi-agency partnerships;
- Disseminate information about research results and other activities within the project.
Core activities of the project included:
- Quantitative and qualitative research;
- Preparation of reports and factsheets;
- Organisation of international training;
- Organisation of awareness raising campaigns and outreach activities;
- Organization of press conferences and final conference.